Tired of corporate big-box stores that don't care about their employees? Come join our little tea family! We treat our employees with respect. TeaSource is a small Minnesota-owned business dedicated to making people happy - one cup of tea at a time.
TeaSource owner Bill Waddington travels the world in his never-ending search for great tea. This is his mission statement:
"Our mission is to offer some of the best values on fine teas and tisanes from around the world. I personally select all TeaSource teas from literally thousands of samples for their unique contribution to this collection."Current Part Time Job Openings:
DO NOT CALL regarding this position – we ask all applicants to fill out our standard application form, which you may obtain at both stores or you can request one via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All follow up inquiry to an application should be via email.
Commitment & Availability:
- DAY and/or EVENING SHIFTS AVAILABLE
- WEEKENDS REQUIRED
- 20-30 hours per week
- Do not apply if you cannot accommodate the above availability
We ask you to commit for at least a year (we do NOT hire just for the summer)
This is due to the large amount of training – learn about over 230+ teas!
Duties and qualifications:
- Exceptional customer service: greeting, offering samples, guiding, advising, assisting customers in a friendly manner
- Encourage sales through outstanding tea knowledge
- Prepare and serve hot and iced beverages
- Quickly gain a working knowledge of 230+ teas and related products
- Guide customers on proper brew techniques
- Weigh / package bulk tea and stock product
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, and customers (also phone skills)
- Accurately handle sales transactions
- Cleaning (including washing of dishes and cleaning the bathroom)
The ideal candidate is a motivated person with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Must be able to follow direction and work independently in a detail oriented manner. A thirst for learning is required (previous tea knowledge not required). High school graduates only.
Please note: This position involves some physical stamina and strength. This may include, but is not limited to: standing up to 8 hours, lifting 30-40 pound boxes, repeatedly lifting 3-6 pound canisters, and running up and down stairs.