TeaSource is hiring! We have a part-time job opening and are accepting applications at our St. Paul store in the Highland neighborhood (752 Cleveland Ave S.). See details below.
Must be able to commit for at least a year (we do NOT hire just for the summer)
Must be available to commit through May 2015
Must be available for:
- EVENING SHIFTS (starting as early as 1:00 & no later than 3:00)
- Weekends required (Fridays, Saturdays, and some Sundays)
- Days before and after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s are mandatory
- 20-25 hours per week (up to 33 during holidays)
- Do not apply if you cannot accommodate the above availability
Duties and qualifications:
- Exceptional customer service: greeting, offering samples, guiding, advising, assisting customers in a friendly manner
- Encourage sales through outstanding tea knowledge
- Prepare and serve hot and iced beverages
- Quickly gain a working knowledge of 250+ teas and related products
- Guide customers on proper brew techniques
- Weigh / package bulk tea and stock product
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, and customers (in person and via phone)
- Multi-task between helping customers and other assignments as given by manager
- Accurately handle sales transactions
- Cleaning (including washing of dishes and cleaning the bathroom)
NOTE: This job is HARD WORK - you will be expected to maintain a "5th gear" pace of productivity.
The ideal candidate is a motivated person with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Must be able to follow direction and work independently in a detail oriented manner. A thirst for learning is required (previous tea knowledge not required).
Please note: This position involves some physical stamina and strength. This may include, but is not limited to: standing up to 8 hours, lifting 30-40 pound boxes, repeatedly lifting 3-6 pound canisters, and running up and down stairs.
All follow up inquiry to an application should be via email.
Fill out an application and return it to Lisa Hyatt, St. Paul store manager.